Monday, November 20, 2023

Recipe ~ Great-grandma Ollie's Old-fashioned Homemade Egg Noodles

 


Thanksgiving is three days away and I dug through my recipes for a dish I haven't made in a while. I found my great-grandmother's recipe for egg noodles. It's been a while since I made them, in fact, a few years ago. My husband loved them and now that he's gone, I forgot about having the recipe. 

I made them again this morning and oh, my! They are so much tastier and richer than the bagged noodles you buy at the grocery store. 

Here are pictures of them: 



   

Homemade is much better and healthier for us, as there are no preservatives. And the real ingredients are delicious!



*I want to share my recipe with you! It's as perfect dish to serve at the 
Thanksgiving dinner table or to enhance the leftover turkey afterward.* 

The noodles are easy to make, but I admit it's a bit of a messy process because of the flour (you know flour seems to go EVERYWHERE when you're cooking) and the noodle dough is a bit sticky. But it's so worth the effort when you nibble on the tender, thick noodles, and your tastebuds perk up for more deliciousness!

If you would like to add this old, family-favorite recipe to your collection, here's what you do: 

* Click the "FOLLOW" button at the top of this page so that you will receive my blog posts when I write them. 

* And please contact me through my email karenjenningsauthor@gmail.com and I will send you the pretty recipe cards that I made for you! To do this, there's a CONTACT form on the right side of this blog, fill in your name and a message that you want the old-fashioned homemade egg noodle recipe and I'll send it immediately! 

I'm wishing you a safe and happy Thanksgiving, my friend! And please stay in touch with me! 

Blessings Always, 

Karen Jennings 


No comments:

Post a Comment